DIY Rosewater Spray Mist


I've found the hot and humid weather a bit unbearable recently, particularly when working at my desk or trying to sleep at night.  I decided a spray mist would be a good idea and as we have so many lovely roses in the garden at the moment, I thought I'd put them to good use and make a rosewater spray.





There are many recipes online but I went with the simplest and it seems to do the trick.

I took the petals of 2 roses, rinsed them through a sieve and place them in a saucepan, just covering the petals with some fresh water.  Most recipes call for distilled water, but the water here in north Wales seems to be particularly soft and clean tasting so I decided to use that.

I gently brought the water to a boil and simmered it for about 10 minutes (lid on), until the water wasn't too discoloured.  Once it was cooled, I sieved it again to get rid of the petals and dispensed into a recycled cosmetic spray bottle, with the surplus kept in a jar in the fridge for top-ups.  Its good to keep the spray in the fridge too so its cool when you use it.

This is a great way to cool off and feel refreshed when feeling hot and bothered and the gentle rose scent is a great mood booster too.

Rosewater sprays are not cheap to buy, but making your own is a really low cost way of doing it.




Comments

Popular Posts