Weddings and Science



This week-end we took advantage of the off peak travel offers and took a day trip to London.  We had a busy day, starting off with the National Wedding Show at Olympia, followed by a trip to the Science Museum and finishing off by meeting up with a dear friend in the evening for a meal in Shepherd's Bush.


First of all, I need to share something with you, and that is that I am a "bride to be" and will be getting married later this year.  Don't be surprised if some of my posts in the coming weeks take on a wedding theme as I uncover new topics as part of my adventure into wedding planning.



Vintage Cafe at the Wedding Show


I probably wouldn't have gone to the wedding show had I not been fortunate enough to win a pair of tickets.  It was an interesting place to visit though to check out all the latest trends.  Another reason I was keen to visit is that I will not only be making my own wedding jewellery, but I'll be including wedding jewellery in future Cocopopia jewellery collections, and so was keen to see what was currently popular in the world of wedding jewellery.




Two of the big trends at the moment are decorated London taxi cabs and photo booths - this vehicle did both!

We also sampled some cocktails and wine and attended a mini workshop on how to look good in photographs (don't worry, I'll be sharing some tips with you about that in a future post!).


I came away with a jam-packed goody bag which included samples of coffee, low calorie sugar, some fake tan, 2 lipsticks, 2 nail varnishes, some body polish, some moisturizer, some intensive hair repair conditioner, a wedding magazine, hairspray, some dried flowers confetti and a mini make-up bag.



I could have stayed longer but we had a prior arrangement with the Science Museum, and so my husband to be (aka Mr Cocopopia) dragged me away before I was able to persuade him he needed to attend a workshop on flower arranging ...

Comments

Popular Posts