DIY Lavender Spray Mist


Recently I've had trouble sleeping, partly due to the hot weather and the fact that it starts to get light again by 4.00am and some of the birds are already starting to tweet and sing (apart from the seagulls who have already beaten them to it because they chatter away all night and don't seem to have the need to sleep at all at the moment!).

So, knowing that one of the properties of lavender is to promote sleep, I decided to make my own lavender pillow spray to aid sleep and relaxation.  I like it so much, I've been using it on the bed linen in general and as a natural air freshener - since using it, I have actually been sleeping better!

As an essential oil, lavender is so versatile and made into a spray it can be used as a natural air freshener, linen spray, stress-reducer, sleep-inducer, skin soother (particularly good on sunburn) and insect repellent.  It has antibacterial and antiviral properties and is one of the safest essential oils to use.  If going on holiday and you want to include an essential oil in your travel first aid kit, this is the one to take.

Here's how I made my lavender spray:-

  • small spray bottle (mine was 25ml size)
  • distilled water (you can also use ordinary water)
  • 8 - 10 drops pure lavender essential oil
Method:

Add water to bottle, then add 8 - 10 drops lavender essential oil, shake and spray


I used a small spray bottle as I prefer to make up small amounts at a time so that the mix stays fresh.  Always shake before using as the oil and water separates out if left to stand.

Comments

Popular Posts