Recycling the Cycle

I'm a firm believer in recycling and reinventing things as far as possible and hate the idea of automatically sending items to landfill without first ruling out whether they could be given some alternative use or, if not, of use to someone else.  Many objects can be seen in a completely new light when they are given a new lease of life.

I was particularly impressed to see recently how my nephew and brother-in-law (who are both very keen cyclists) had re-used some old bike parts which could no longer be used on their bikes.  They had recognised the sculptural beauty of the pieces and created a couple of clocks and a windchime.


an assortment of cogs make a unique timepiece


or two (looking a bit steampunk)



I was wishing for a gentle breeze so I could hear the lovely tinkling sound of this wind-chime



Comments

Popular Posts